What We Offer








First Free Interview
Online Documents

We offer a free no obligation 30 minute first interview.  You'll get some preliminary advice and a feel for what we are able to offer you.

We have flexible appointment times to accommodate a meeting outside of your working hours and we can also meet on weekends. We will be able to outline the options available to you at your first appointment. We can also provide you with any necessary referrals and an indication of cost if you decide to continue to use our service.

Give us a call, send an email or Facebook message to arrange your free interview at our CBD meeting rooms.

Check out The Online Family Lawyer section of this website which provides information on the documents we can prepare for you irrespective of where you live. We are able to draft Divorce Applications, Parenting Plans and Consent Minutes of order for both property and children matters.  Ideal for interstate clients.
Property Settlement

Angry that you are not getting to see your children? Is your ex withholding the kids? Are you unable to communicate with your ex? Is there an Intervention Order in place? In all of these circumstances The FLP can help you to make arrangements to see your children whether it is by negotiation or, if necessary, Court representation

  • Urgent Court applications (such as Recovery applications and Airport Watch list)
  • Court appearances and representation
  • negotiation with the other party (where appropriate)
  • Legal Aid Family Law Conference (mediation)
  • Consent Minutes of Order/Parenting Plans

It really depends on your particular circumstances.  Come in for a free interview and we will discuss the options and pricing that is best for you.

We can also provide you with brochures and referrals to other non legal services that may be more appropriate for you.

Have you worked hard as the main income provider of the family? Have you been working your butt off looking after the kids? Either way, property settlements can be a time of confusion and anger. Why should your ex be entitled to your superannuation? Why should you walk away with nothing because you were busy raising the kids?

Let us take the anger out of your property settlement and provide you with expert Family Law advice to put you in the best possible position. 

The FLP can provide advice in relation to your property entitlements if you separate from your spouse or de facto partner. The law in relation to property division is complex and it is strongly recommended that you seek legal advice.

If you and your ex partner are able to agree on property division then we can help by drafting either a Binding Financial Agreement (BFA) or Consent Minutes of Order which are registered with the Family Law Courts.

We can also assist by directly negotiating with your ex partner or their solicitor and making confidential enquiries to ascertain your ex partner’s superannuation interest.

If no agreement can be reached then we can draft documents to initiate Family Law Court proceedings and represent you at Court.

Legal Aid

Make an appointment with The Family Law Project to discuss your divorce and the option to file documents yourself. We can point you in the right direction and provide you with the Application form to complete yourself to save in legal fees.

If you prefer, we are able to draft the Divorce Application and attend Court for those who do not wish to do so themselves.

All Solicitors at The FLP engage in Legal Aid work. 

We are happy to help you apply for Legal Aid and represent clients in receipt of a grant of Legal Aid. If you are applying for Legal Aid yourself then you may want to complete our contact details at question #46 of the Application form. If you are approved funding then Legal Aid will write to us and we will contact you to get things moving. 

We can otherwise assist you to apply for a grant of Legal Aid. Book a free appointment at our meeting rooms and we can provide you with the application form.

Wills, Powers of Attorney & Guardianship

Please refer to our Fees section for our very competitive pricing on Wills, Power of Attorney and Guardianship.

We recommend that you have a Will even if you have not yet separated from your spouse or de facto partner. We recommend that you turn your mind to having a new Will drawn at pinnacle times in your life such as the commencement or breakdown of a de facto or spousal relationship. Separation in itself is not sufficient to revoke any Will that you have in place and the act of marriage revokes any Will that may have been in place.

Wills, Powers of Attorney and Guardianship are recommended for everybody regardless of whether you are entering a new relationship, recently married or separated. Check out our Free eBook for more information on the importance of these documents.